A book is a recipe and has many components- essentials and condiments that make it yum. I won’t delve into all the essentials I found in this book but only the ideas that stand out for me and could help you.
One essential is plot. Wyndham gives us a few pointers in what she calls a Plot recipe, the sauce that makes your book good food for thought. It’s nothing but a list of questions:
- Who is your character?
- Who/what is your antagonist?
- Who are the other people in the story?
- What does the main protagonist want?
- How important is it for him to get what he wants?
- How does the antagonist prevent him from getting it?
- What does the protagonist do about the obstacle?
- What are the results of the initial action?
- Where does the struggle lead him?
- What is the climax?
Asking yourself these questions can be…
View original post 473 more words